kings and queens of COURT B

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Poeku Tuesday

It’s only Tuesdays that means two more days
Until we can hit up beer buffet.
I hear Aces and Eights is open once more.
Now I’m looking forward to Thursday even more.
It holds a special place in my heart.
If I had to explain why I wouldn’t know where to start.
I love their prices. So cheap they are.
When I have to stumble to the subway I don’t have to go far.
The bar staff is really the best.
They serve up those pitchers with the ultimate finesse.
Their bud light tastes delicious and is sooo so fine.
I can spot out Aces in the NY skyline.
When they closed it was a social disaster.
I wish they had opened up their doors faster.
Aces and Eights holds great memories of seasons past.
Some of them I remember. Others have passed.
So this Thursday is like a homecoming game.
And in this poem my love I proclaim.
This week my team will drink more than enough.
For Amy Whinehouse and the Hoff.
This week beer and sweat we will ooze.
Because Win or Lose, We Still Booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment