kings and queens of COURT B

Monday, November 1, 2010

MVP Monday

Since we did not get to play a real game last week there was no MVP. That made me really sad because I love MVP Monday! The only things I look forward to at work on Mondays are lunch and the MVP interview. So I decided we should have a guest MVP and the honor went to Aaron! Check it out the hilarious interview about older women, hugging, and Edward Cullen!

So you work for the league fulltime. Any insider secrets you can divulge?
Geez, just digging right in…No buttering up, huh? Well, Brett is currently drinking water out of a Jameson bottle. Matt has an authentic Peruvian wool mask watching to make sure we’re always working. We’re known to throw bouncy balls at each other, though they must bounce of a wall first (obviously). And if you’re looking to bribe the office staff, our current list of office needs are 1) iPads, 2) Honda Motor-Butts, 3) a Crepe Chef + cookery, and 4) Hypoallergenic Perma-Kittens.

You’re MVP of the third place team in Thursday kickball and you’re not even on the team! That’s quite the accomplishment! How do you feel?
Honored and humbled. In fact, I’d like to thank my terrific modesty for getting me where I am today. But seriously, it was fun barging into your game and thanks to Faye for picking me first for the scrimmage-winning team.

WOLWSB is well on their way to possibly winning an actual medal. We already won bar champs last season. What would you rather win? First place or bar champ?
I am clearly an uber-testosterony alpha male who puts winning above all else. However, people have told me that the friendships earned while becoming Bar Champs will be around well after my body is no longer a prime example of pure athleticism.

If you could wear any NYCSSC tee shirt color for the rest of your life, what color would you choose?
I’m quite the fan of sapphire and purple. Clearly indicating my vain desire to be royalty. The new cedar and (of course) texas orange are growing on me though, perhaps harkening back to my rural upbringing.

I know you have a lot of power. Can we get rid of the name heliconia and call it what it is? Princess pink?
You’ve gotta be careful spending your favors in that way. I mean, do you really want to gain the name princess pink, just to be stuck with sapphire* shirts for the rest of your career.

*Note: the term sapphire has been used for dramatic impact and should be assumed to take the place of any horrible colors including &#*, !@^%, @$#@&, or ^*!$%

You know Microsoft word does not even recognize the word heliconia?
As a proud Mac user, I have given up acknowledging Microsoft as my intellectual standard. Although, I am writing this answer in Word and there is a red squiggly under heliconia.

WOLWSB is having a tough time deciding what sport to partake in during the cold winter months. Any suggestions? And why?
I frequent the Ultimate Frisbee field, but Inner Tube Water Polo has become one of my favorite sports. If the cold or swimming suits aren’t your thang, Bowling @ Brooklyn Bowl is an amazing experience, though big group debauchery is most likely to occur after Dodgeball & Volleyball. Don’t know if that helps or not, but I’ve been trying to decide the same thing!

What do you prefer? Boss Tweeds or Aces (RIP)?
I prefer a bar that is willing and able to treat us as the VIP party crowd that we are. One where the beer and 80’s dance music flow freely and where the cups are always placed half off the edges of the tables.

Halloween is right around the corner! What has been your best Halloween costume?
Once I dressed as a grey-haired old man. A grey-haired old woman with a walker and a colostomy bag hit on me. It was H-O-T-T.

Team Edward or team Jacob?
Happy to be part of the team that doesn’t know anything about either, but I used to have a cat named Ed. And I have a cousin named Jake. Ah, the pressure to decide is killing me!

What sport would you rather see NYCSSC do next? Roller derby or competitive karaoke?
I heart roller-skating.

Curling or laser tag?
In this time of economic and political crisis, we need to stop throwing stones and start setting down our guns. I, therefore, vote for a hugging league.

1 comment:

  1. somebody should create a show, starring aaron eckhard, and call it "everyone loves aaron," centered around the life of NYCSSC aaron.

    ReplyDelete